- 1 12oz Bag Egg Noodles
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 3 Celery Stalks cut into 1/2 inch thick pieces
- 3 Carrots cut into 1/2 inch thick slices
- 1/2 Tablespoon Salt, Onion Powder, Garlic Powder, and Paprika
- 1/4 Teaspoon Pepper
- 1 Tablespoon Thyme
- 8 Cups (2 Quarts) Chicken Broth
- 2 Chicken Breasts, Shredded (or 4 cups rotisserie chicken)
- In a large pot melt butter over medium heat. Add the celery and carrots, cook until soft and tender, 5 to 8 minutes. Stir in all the seasonings.
- Add the broth and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce to a simmer, carefully add the noodles, and simmer until they are cooked through, 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add the chicken and simmer for 5 minutes to warm through, then serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 1 month.
Makes 8 to 10 servings